At JR roofing Lancs Limited, we recognise the responsibility to reduce our environmental impact. We are continually adapting how we work with sustainability at the forefront of our decisions.
We have outlined below, the steps we are taking to minimise our businesses impact:
- All our waste is separated and recycled as appropriate.
- We source materials responsibly and intend to salvage and re-use where possible. We often use reclaimed products such as slate. Lead is the most recycled and reused material within the construction industry, and we use it regularly throughout our work.
- We avoid making unnecessary journeys and promote alternative solutions such as teams meetings. We arrange our survey appointments by postcode areas to prevent unnecessary travel. We plan and order materials required in bulk where possible.
- We have made improvements to minimise the use of paper within our office and have updated most of our working processes to electronic systems. We aim to reduce the amount of energy used in our office, for instance electrical equipment and lighting are switched off when not in use.
- We want to give back to our customers and our environment. We have taken steps to become more climate positive by teaming up with Ecologi to plant trees. We plant trees in restoration projects on behalf of every client that uses our service. For every Solar PV renewable installation, we have pledged to plant an additional 100 trees. We also offset the carbon emissions of our team’s personal and professional lives.
- We communicate the policy to our staff to increase awareness and encourage them to participate with our company goals.
- We review and update our policy annually and where required.
SIGNED: JRM DATE: 11/11/2022
NAME: Josh Morrison TITLE: Managing Director